Director of the
Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences
in the Department of Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- outstanding research record in the area of formal methods of software engineering, especially those related to modelling and verification of probabilistic systems;
- many years of experience in supervising of young researchers, and serving as an advisor of successful PhD candidates;
- research experience from top international research centers;
- fluency in English, spoken and written.
Applications should include:
- application for the job (motivation letter)1,
- professional CV,
- list of publications and copies of at most 5 scientific publications,
- certified copy of a document confirming the possession of the academic title, referred to in Art. 89 sec. 3 of the Act of 30 April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences (Journal of Laws No. 96, item 619),
- declaration of the candidate's acceptance of the competition conditions in force in ICS PAS,
- declaration containing the expression that in the event of winning the competition, he / she shall submit a declaration on conducting scientific activities in the discipline of information and communication technology at the Institute of IT PAS (the so-called declaration on the field and discipline) and shall submit a declaration authorizing IPI PAN to be included in the number of employees conducting scientific research in the discipline of information and communication technology, for the evaluation of the quality of scientific activity (the so-called statement on N) (in accordance with Art.265 (4) and Art. 265 (5) of the Act of August 30, 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science, Journal 2018, item 1668, as amended).
The documents should be submitted to the secretary of the ICS PAS in Warsaw, ul. Jana Kazimierza 5, room 105 or by e-mail in the pdf files to the address: email@example.com with the title „Competition for Full Professor in the DTFCS”.
Document submission deadline: by January 31, 2022.
Applications will be considered by the Competition Committee appointed by the Director of the Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences. The Commission may invite the candidate for an interview.
Competition results will appear by February 28, 2022.
Prof. dr hab. inż. Wojciech Penczek
Institute of Computer Science PAS
1Please include the following clause: „I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment in the Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences”