In general, I am interested in foundations of
probabilistic modeling of human language. I try to
identify what kind of a stochastic process can
describe generation of texts. On the way, I do
fundamental research in probability and information
theory. Apart from being a mathematician, occasionally
I do empirical research. My original training was in
I work at the IPI PAN, with the Statistical Analysis and Modeling group, but occasionally I collaborate also with the Linguistic Engineering group.
If you are interested in doing a PhD under my supervision, please contact me.
My email address is email@example.com
and my phone number is (+48) 22 380
I also use ResearchGate and Twitter.
I have organized Statistics of Languages: Theories and Experiments, an interdisciplinary workshop held in Warsaw, Poland, 19th–22nd July 2017.
- Ł. Dębowski. Regular Hilberg Processes: An Example of Processes with a Vanishing Entropy Rate. arXiv
- Ł. Dębowski. Maximal Repetition and Zero Entropy Rate. arXiv
- Ł. Dębowski. Is Natural Language Strongly Nonergodic? A Stronger Theorem about Facts and Words. arXiv
- Jak się wzbogacić prawie na pewno? (How to get rich almost surely?)
- Charty zostały... czyli o generowaniu wierszy sylabicznych (On automatic generation of rhymed poems)
- The Chaos by Gerard Nolst Trenité transcribed into IPA symbols by me
- my old free linguistic Perl scripts
dr hab. Łukasz Dębowski
Institute of Computer Science
Polish Academy of Sciences
ul. Jana Kazimierza 5